POSIX threads documentation

Florian Weimer fweimer@bfk.de
Tue Sep 14 07:39:00 GMT 2010

* Andreas Schwab:

> Florian Weimer <fweimer@bfk.de> writes:
>
>> Read on. 8-)  Then the task turns into declaring a valid prototype for
>> a function in libpthread.  Is there a way to do this in a future-proof
>> and portable (across the various GNU libc architectures) manner?
>
> The prototypes are all in <pthread.h>.

But those symbols aren't weak.  As far as I know, it is not possible
to declare a symbol as weak without cooperation from the header file
author.  #pragma weak doesn't work because there might be inline
functions referencing the symbol.

--
Florian Weimer                <fweimer@bfk.de>
D-76133 Karlsruhe             fax: +49-721-96201-99