Allow customizing of __FD_SETSIZE

Christoph Kling christoph@familiekling.de
Thu Jun 10 10:27:00 GMT 2010


Hello,

I need a raise the FD_SETSIZE for an application's select() (see misc/sys/select.h) above the default of 1024, which is defined in bits/typesizes.h as a macro __FD_SETSIZE.

The only way I found is to change the system's header file bits/typesizes.h. I therefore suggest to add a #ifndef __FD_SETSIZE to bits/typesizes.h in order to allow a developer to customize FD_SETSIZE. When I sent this proposal to the libc-alpha mailing list, I was rejected by the moderator and advised to open a bugzilla enhancement request and to discuss this request on the libc-help mailing list.

The link to the bugzilla entry is http://sources.redhat.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=11687

What do you think about my proposition? How can we improve the bugzilla entry so that it is being accepted by libc-alpha? Unfortunately, I am not an expert for glibc.


Regards,

Christoph Kling 
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: PGP.sig
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 182 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://sourceware.org/pipermail/libc-help/attachments/20100610/d0869bab/attachment.sig>


More information about the Libc-help mailing list