Problem With Local Installation of GLibC 2.5.1

Amit Kumar Dhar akdhar@cmi.ac.in
Sun Sep 13 22:22:00 GMT 2009

Hi,

I, am using a shared Debian 2.14.3 system, as a non-privileged user. I
installed GlibC 2.5.1 locally in my home folder from source issuing
the following commands-
./configure --prefix=/path/to/my/local/
library/directory/
make
make install

Though the installation phase went on quietly, with some "clock skew"
warnings, but after "make install" it showed an error, complaining
that it cannot write the configuration file. After that many of my
applications are giving segmentation fault.
Can anyone help me regarding how to uninstall GlibC 2.5.1 and then
reinstall it locally correctly?

--
Amit kumar Dhar