*** glibc detected *** /usr/lib/firefox/firefox-bin: free(): invalid pointer: 0xae8c2f80 ***

Justin P. Mattock justinmattock@gmail.com
Mon May 4 23:48:00 GMT 2009

On Mon, 2009-05-04 at 18:58 -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Friday 01 May 2009 13:29:56 Justin Mattock wrote:
> > for some time I've been getting
> > crashes with firefox when watching a movie
> > on hulu(good stuff when firefox doesn't crash and burn)
> >
> > Anyways when clicking on the fullscreen button this is what
> > I saw in the terminal:
> >
> > *** glibc detected *** /usr/lib/firefox/firefox-bin: free(): invalid
> > pointer: 0xae8c2f80 ***
> >
> > seems I cant reproduce this message(tried a few times afterwords with
> > no message just a frozen firefox).
> >
> > As for any other options the popup window seems stable
> > after updating glib/gtk(seems to be the more preferred option in any case)
>
> most likely (99.9%) this has nothing to do with glibc.  you should file a
> report with your Linux distributor as it is more likely a bug in firefox or
> the plugin you're using or the media library that plugin is using.  the
> distributor will hash out the details.
> -mike

yep,
after sending the post(a few hours later)
I realized wait a minute this is a firefox
thing.
As for libc itself everything seems o.k.
(there was an issue with libselinux, but
they are already aware of the change)

Justin P. Mattock