linker errors when compiling and linking with a new glibc

Daniel De La Zerda ddelazerda007@yahoo.com
Wed Mar 18 20:58:00 GMT 2009


I do have do have /lib/libgcc_s.so.1 but how do I point to it from my "glibc-2.4-build" tree (I'm making some modifications to glibc). I was able to compile my test for the new feature but when trying to run it I get that error. Also, doing a "make tests" inside my "glibc-2.4-build" tree fails on "tst-mutex8.c" for the same reason.

Daniel



----- Original Message ----
From: Carlos O'Donell <carlos@systemhalted.org>
To: Daniel De La Zerda <danieldelazerda@gmail.com>
Cc: Ryan Arnold <ryan.arnold@gmail.com>; libc-help@sourceware.org
Sent: Wednesday, March 18, 2009 4:50:35 PM
Subject: Re: linker errors when compiling and linking with a new glibc

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 4:04 PM, Daniel De La Zerda
<ddelazerda007@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> What about the error "libgcc_s.so.1 must be installed for pthread_cancel to work"? Does anyone have an idea why is this the case?
>
> Thanks for the link on the wiki.

See nptl/sysdeps/pthread/uwnind-resume.c and unwind-forcedunwind.c.

The pthread_cancel_init implementation in glibc dlopen()'s the
compiler helper routine shared library (libgcc_s.so.1) in order to access
the stack unwinding functions.

Did you install the compiler helper routine shared library on your system?

It is normally located in /lib/libgcc_s.so.1, or similar.

Cheers,
Carlos.



      



More information about the Libc-help mailing list