C Start-Up shared vs static

Carlos O'Donell carlos@systemhalted.org
Fri Dec 4 14:14:00 GMT 2009

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 8:48 AM, Charles Coldwell
<coldwell@frank.harvard.edu> wrote:
> So it seems to me there is a problem with including
>
> glibc-ports-2.8/sysdeps/arm/elf/start.S
>
> in both the shared and static libraries but including
>
> glibc-2.8/csu/elf-init.c
>
> in only the static library.  What is the correct thing to do in this
> situation?

Current git head has ARM's start.S loading __libc_csu_init and
__libc_csu_fini via GOT entries in the shared case.

This patch added the code to distinguish between shared and static
cases and use the GOT for shared:
http://sourceware.org/git/?p=glibc-ports.git;a=commitdiff;h=856cb7775f0dc086c62eb2610e6e5613926e0a99

You might be able to backport this and see if it fixes your issue.