How to access an applications ELF program header and ELF section header at runtime

Bharath Ramesh bramesh@vt.edu
Tue Aug 18 16:30:00 GMT 2009


Hi,
	I am working on a research project which requires that I find the
address and size of the .data and .bss section of a running application. The
application calls a function in my library which requires this information.
>From what I have understood about ELF I can get this information from the
ELF headers. I am wondering if there is any way I can get the information of
an applications ELF program header and ELF section header at runtime. Any
help on this is really appreciated. I am not subscribed to the list, it
would be great if you can copy me on the reply.

Regards,

Bharath
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: smime.p7s
Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature
Size: 3441 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://sourceware.org/pipermail/libc-help/attachments/20090818/4f49abcb/attachment.bin>


More information about the Libc-help mailing list