new libc

Ryan Arnold ryan.arnold@gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 21:17:00 GMT 2008


Polina,

Try the following:

SYSROOT=<path to the GLIBC install directory>

gcc ... \
  --sysroot=${SYSROOT} \
  -Wl,--rpath=${SYSROOT}/lib \
  -Wl,--dynamic-linker=${SYSROOT}/lib/ld.so.1

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 3:33 PM, Polina Dudnik <pdudnik@cs.wisc.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I build a new libc on OpenSolaris with certain modifications. Specifically,
> new libc now includes a few new functions. Now I am trying to compile a file
> with the new libc. To point the compiler to the new libc I use the -R flag.
> However, what ends up happening is my new binary file depends on both the
> new and the old libc. So, if I use the new functions the linker gets
> confused and can't find the definitions for the new functions. How can I fix
> this? Thank you.
>
> Polina
>



More information about the Libc-help mailing list