Tests

Reuben Thomas rrt@sc3d.org
Sun May 4 00:13:00 GMT 2008


On Sat, 3 May 2008, Mike Frysinger wrote:

> which means bug-iconv6 failed on your system.  read the .out file to figure it
> out.

Yes, sorry, I was being stupid, I had forgotten that the tests didn't get 
this far the time before, I thought it was a test that failed this way and 
not the other.

OK, so the .out file says:

iconv returned 7

>From looking at bug-iconv6.c, it seems to expect a failure (buffer too 
small), but hasn't got one.

If I run "make check" again, I also get lots of errors:

/bin/sh -e run-iconv-test.sh /home/rrt/download/libc-build > /home/rrt/download/libc-build/iconvdata/iconv-test.out
test: 144: ==: unexpected operator
test: 144: ==: unexpected operator
... (many times)

which I didn't get the first time, and it carries on and eventually fails a 
different test, localedata/tst-fmon, and the .out files contains lots of 
lines like:

Locale: "de_DE.ISO-8859-1" Format: "%n" Value: "1.23" Received: "1,23 EUR" 
Expected: "  1,23 EUR" => false

So now I have a) another test failure and b) behaviour from the test suite 
that differs from run to run; should I be deleting my build and restarting 
the whole thing each time?

Also, taking a step back, should I really be trying to work out what's going 
on here? I'm interested just in the string functions, not iconv...so I only 
want to be interested in these test failures if they indicate more serious 
problems with my libc build.

(At the moment I'm using the following configure line:

CC='gcc -m32 -march=i486' CXX='gcc -m32 -march=i486' CFLAGS='-O2 -g 
-fno-stack-protector' ../libc/configure --prefix="/" --with-tls 
--enable-add-ons=nptl  --with-__thread --enable-shared --without-cvs > 
_configure 2>&1

)

-- 
http://rrt.sc3d.org/ | author, n.  one who parades ignorance in public



More information about the Libc-help mailing list