Tests

Ryan Arnold ryan.arnold@gmail.com
Sat May 3 16:17:00 GMT 2008

On Sat, May 3, 2008 at 10:19 AM, Mike Frysinger <vapier@gentoo.org> wrote:
> On Saturday 03 May 2008, Reuben Thomas wrote:
>  > tst-cleanup0.expect >& /home/rrt/download/libc-build/nptl/tst-cleanup0.out
>  > libgcc_s.so.1 must be installed for pthread_cancel to work
>  >
>  > But libgcc_s.so.1 is indeed installed, in /lib!
>
>  this should probably be in the FAQ or something.  you will need to copy
>  libgcc_s.so.1 to a local path which the local ldso searches when running ...
>  it obviously cannot search /lib for libraries as that is where your host
>  glibc is installed
>  -mike

One thing Rueben can do as well is configure, make and make check with
--prefix=/.

This is a safe way to run the glibc make check without jumping through
other hoops.

Just DON'T sudo make install or you'll blow away the system libraries.

Hrm, Mike's suggestion add's a fourth option to my glibc test options.
 I'll try to get it up on the wiki relatively soon.

Ryan