pthread_cond_* does not compile on i386

Carlos O'Donell carlos@systemhalted.org
Fri May 2 13:25:00 GMT 2008


On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 7:48 AM, Gilles Carry <Gilles.Carry@bull.net> wrote:
>  After having removed the corresponding asm files, pthread_cond_signal.c
> fails compiling.

Why would you remove the asm files that implement the required behaviour?

>  Actually, pthread_cond_signal.c uses the macro lll_futex_wake_unlock
>  which is not defined for i386.
>  At least I cannot find it by grepping through the source tree.
>  To have it compiling, I had to rework the syscall macros.
>
>  Though I can build the rest of glibc without error, I wonder if the C code
> and asm-i386 are in sync for pthread_cond_* files.

They don't need to be kept "in sync", the i386 port probably doesn't
rely on the C code variants of these functions.

>  By the way, is there any official way or document that explains how to
> build glibc? ... just to be sure I'm not missing something.

The standard configure, make, make -k check is good enough to build
the library. However, make install has to be used with care, and it
does involve pivoting a root, and rebooting to actually fully use the
new glibc.

Cheers,
Carlos.



More information about the Libc-help mailing list