Need Help building glibc with NPTL support for ARM Linux 2.4.20
Andrew Chalmers
achalmers@ellex.com
Tue Jun 3 04:44:00 GMT 2008
I'm looking for some help getting NPTL working for an ARM linux target. The
target kernel is a 2.4.20 (Montavista mvl3 based) running an OMAP5912.
So far I have been using a tool chain built manually from source, with some help
from Dan Kegel's crosstool. I'm currently using binutils-2.14, gcc-3.3.6 and
glibc-2.3.2 (with linuxthreads-2.3.2).
For the past 2 years this has work well.
Recently however I have run into difficulties with the combination of timers,
signals, and threads. I want to have a posix timer signal a specific posix
thread. But it seems the linuxthreads idea of threads doesn't match with the
posix timers support in the kernel (the libposix-timer support comes from
hrtimers-support-3.1.1). The answer appears to be to use the NPTL support.
The problem is I can't build a working arm cross tool chain with NPTL support.
I tried various versions of binutils, gcc and glibc. I've found out about
glibc-ports. Along the way I've tripped over various issues including
__thread support required
force-unwind support required
cannot find pthread.h
and a few other compile related error. that I cannot remember.
But I have been unsuccessful. I'm at a loss to understand why this is so difficult.
Can some one please help me with which versions of the tools chain and patches I
need and some instructions on what tricks I need to get it all working.
Cheers,
--
Andrew Chalmers
Software Design Engineer
Ellex Medical
82 Gilbert St, Adelaide SA, 5000 Australia
Tel +61-8-8104 5246 | Fax +61-8-8221 5651
www.ellex.com
More information about the Libc-help
mailing list