errors while building glibc-2.7

Vinu Rajashekhar vinutheraj@gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 13:57:00 GMT 2008

Hey Oussama,

I think the errors will go away if you configure glibc
and then do this at the shell -

/build $ echo "CFLAGS += -fno-stack-protector" > configparms

Basically you have to write CFLAGS += -fno-stack-protector into a file called
configparms in your  glibc build directory.

I had the same problem when I tried to build glibc-2.7 in ubuntu x86_64.

If you search more exhaustively, you could have seen that this was reported
as a bug in one of the glibc or gcc bug sites.

And the configure options which worked for me are
../glibc-2.7/configure --prefix=blah/blah --enable-add-ons
--without-selinux --without-gd
--disable-profile --enable-kernel=2.6.0 --march=opteron

The last march option is for x86_64 optimizations.

I think this should work !
--
Vinu Rajashekhar,
3rd Year Dual Degree Student,