Math error-reporting test scripts useful in glibc?

Agner Fog agner@agner.org
Thu Aug 28 09:05:00 GMT 2008

Michael Kerrisk wrote:
> I don't know.  I'm not familiar with the low level details of the
> instruction sets used, and how to control that, or whether there are
> different versions of the math functions for the different instruction
> sets.  I wrote these scripts to do testing in a pretty much black-box
> fashion.

I checked it on libc 2.7. The 32 bit version uses the old x87
instruction set, the 64 bit version uses the SSE2 instruction set
without vectors. No CPU dispatching. Here is room for improvement, it
could be made much faster.