Why do you want libc to be 5 times slower than other libraries?

Carlos O'Donell carlos@systemhalted.org
Fri Aug 8 12:23:00 GMT 2008

On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 2:18 AM, Agner Fog <agner@agner.org> wrote:
> Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>>
>> Do you have any suggestions for what the list description should read
>> in order to prevent other users from having the same problems?
>>

> No because - quite frankly - I don't understand it. libc-alpha is for
> "discussion of glibc development". My mail was for discussion of glibc
> improvement. To me development and improvement is the same thing. Can
> somebody please clarify?

The libc-alpha list is really for the discussion of glibc patches e.g.
concrete changes.

There might be a discussion started by the patch, but the initiating
events involve patches.

The libc-help list is definitely the place to have pre-patch
discussions e.g. no working solution yet.

If the webpage said "discussion of glibc patches," would that have
made the intent clear?

Cheers,
Carlos.