Why do you want libc to be 5 times slower than other libraries?

Carlos O'Donell carlos@systemhalted.org
Tue Aug 5 21:13:00 GMT 2008

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 12:52 PM, Ryan S. Arnold <rsa@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-08-05 at 10:43 +0200, Agner Fog wrote:
>> I have found that libc is up to 5 times slower than the best function
>> libraries for important memory and string functions. This was documented
>> in my last mail (included below). I also told how to improve it. But
>> nobody seems to care!?
>
> People care but volunteers work at volunteer pace.

Ryan,

Thanks for writing this. I agree 100%. I have linked to your post from
the bug reporting section of the wiki.

Anger,

Keeping in mind the points that Ryan made: feature wishlists are
something you can always add to the wiki.
Please see http://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/HomePage, and scroll to
"Project Wishlist By Developer"

We are always interested in new developers.