DT_RELCOUNT changes

Jakub Jelinek jakub@redhat.com
Fri Aug 24 05:32:00 GMT 2001


On Fri, Aug 24, 2001 at 01:38:15AM -0700, Ulrich Drepper wrote:
> I've checked some changes in which take advantage of Jakub's combreloc
> change.  I've tested it a bit on x86 and all works fine.  But nothing
> else is tested yet.  I'll do Alpha and IA-64 tomorrow.
> 
> This all is complicated by the fact that I made a few more
> enhancements.  I tried to be careful and hope all is well.  But every
> port maintainer should check it.

Several elf_machine_rel_relative routines have the types wrong.
I'm currently testing a patch which among other things uses
separate elf_machine_rel_relative and elf_machine_rela_relative
which a) makes it obvious what types should be used
b) makes it possible for arches to support both types of relocs
(e.g. prelink needs this on i386).

	Jakub



More information about the Libc-hacker mailing list