today's work

Andreas Jaeger aj@suse.de
Thu Aug 9 09:43:00 GMT 2001


Ulrich Drepper <drepper@redhat.com> writes:

> Andreas Jaeger <aj@suse.de> writes:
>
>> The problems I noticed so far are:
>> On i686:
>> Err: Cannot run on the en_US.UTF-8 locale
>> make[2]: *** [/builds/glibc/main-gcc-2.95/libio/tst-ungetwc2.out] Error 1
>
> I corrected it.  All the test programs used en_US-UTF-8.  I changed
> them to de_DE.UTF-8 since this is what we already build.

Fine with me, in that case please revert my patch to localedata/ChangeLog.

>> In file included from test-tgmath.c:139:
>> test-tgmath.c: In function `compile_test':
>> test-tgmath.c:221: warning: implicit declaration of function `__tgmath_real_type'
>> test-tgmath.c:221: parse error before `__tgmres'
>> 
>> This looks like a compiler bug.
>
> That's the old bug preventing tgmath from functioning on old
> compilers.  Nothing to worry about.

I agree.

>> On Alpha:
>> [...]
>> Seeems that threads are broken - but I have no time to investigate
>> today/tomorrow where the problem is (kernel, glibc, binutils or GCC).
>
> I don't thing this is a glibc problem.  I've everything running fine
> on my Alpha.

Andreas
-- 
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: For info see http://www.gnupg.org

iD8DBQE7cr2TOJpWPMJyoSYRAj3fAJ4x8b4DseIwTQvo4Nb1y7DRkWoPtwCfTc0h
7FNbYyvmrk6s26RYMp2vzMk=
=DkB/
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----From jakub@redhat.com Thu Aug 09 10:06:00 2001
From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub@redhat.com>
To: Ulrich Drepper <drepper@redhat.com>
Cc: Glibc hackers <libc-hacker@sources.redhat.com>
Subject: [PATCH] Robustify globtest.sh
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 10:06:00 -0000
Message-id: <20010809190831.C532@sunsite.ms.mff.cuni.cz>
X-SW-Source: 2001-08/msg00038.html
Content-length: 1647

Hi!

It was not the first time globtest failed for me (in some buildroots homes
are not mounted sometimes and if I sudo -H bash, then chroot, $HOME points
to something which isn't there), so I guess it would be better if those
tests just weren't run in that case.

2001-08-09  Jakub Jelinek  <jakub@redhat.com>

	* posix/globtest.sh: Robustify tilde tests.

--- posix/globtest.sh.jj	Mon Jul 24 09:24:13 2000
+++ posix/globtest.sh	Thu Aug  9 12:58:43 2001
@@ -324,8 +324,12 @@ ${common_objpfx}posix/globtest -q -t "$t
 sort >$testout
 echo ~ | cmp - $testout >> $logfile || failed=1
 if test $failed -ne 0; then
-  echo "Tilde test failed" >> $logfile
-  result=1
+  if test -d ~; then
+    echo "Tilde test failed" >> $logfile
+    result=1
+  else
+    echo "Tilde test could not be run" >> $logfile
+  fi
 fi
 
 # Test tilde expansion with trailing slash
@@ -340,8 +344,12 @@ else
     echo ~/ | cmp - $testout >> $logfile || failed=1
 fi
 if test $failed -ne 0; then
-  echo "Tilde2 test failed" >> $logfile
-  result=1
+  if test -d ~/; then
+    echo "Tilde2 test failed" >> $logfile
+    result=1
+  else
+    echo "Tilde2 test could not be run" >> $logfile
+  fi
 fi
 
 # Test tilde expansion with username
@@ -351,8 +359,12 @@ ${common_objpfx}posix/globtest -q -t "$t
 sort > $testout
 eval echo ~$USER | cmp - $testout >> $logfile || failed=1
 if test $failed -ne 0; then
-  echo "Tilde3 test failed" >> $logfile
-  result=1
+  if eval test -d ~$USER; then
+    echo "Tilde3 test failed" >> $logfile
+    result=1
+  else
+    echo "Tilde3 test could not be run" >> $logfile
+  fi
 fi
 
 # Tilde expansion shouldn't match a file

	Jakub



More information about the Libc-hacker mailing list