[PATCH] 2.3.39+ IPC for glibc 2.2

Andreas Jaeger aj@suse.de
Sat Jan 22 03:28:00 GMT 2000


>>>>> Jakub Jelinek writes:

 > On Mon, Jan 17, 2000 at 09:53:34PM -0800, Ulrich Drepper wrote:
>> One more thing: I think the definitions protected by
>> __LIBC_IPC_INTERNAL should be moved into an internal header and not
>> being public.  If they have to be able for some user-level code then
>> the symbol name should be changed.

 > The IPCOP_* definitions can be very easily moved into a non-public header
 > because they are identical on all platforms anyway.
 > With the __old_* structure definitions, I wonder if they can stay
 > unprotected in the public headers or whether I should write sys/msgpriv.h
 > and the like headers which will include sys/msg.h and declare the private
 > things. Having both structures in the same file makes things more readable
 > and easier to compare how it has changed, but if it would be a problem, I
 > can move it away.

Since <bits/msq.h> gets installed, I would prefer to not have internal
declarations in there.  Could you move the structures around?

Andreas
-- 
 Andreas Jaeger
  SuSE Labs aj@suse.de
   private aj@arthur.rhein-neckar.de


More information about the Libc-hacker mailing list