Meeting Minutes - Office Hours for CTI - 2026-09-18
DJ Delorie
dj@redhat.com
Tue Sep 22 19:14:18 GMT 2026
On Tue, Sep 22, 2026 at 3:03 PM Andrea Pinski via Binutils
<binutils@sourceware.org> wrote:
> So there was no consensus on the community members except for the ones
> who were at the meeting?
You would prefer "so there was no consensus except for the ones who
were on the mailing list" ?
Carlos and Mark have both been diligent in announcing these meetings
and posting minutes. If you choose to ignore them, that's on you.
> Ok. I think that it is wrong to have separate domains.
I think it's inevitable.
> Also why NOT just one email list? Why 6 mailing lists?
Why not 47? Why not zero? If you have a specific request, please
make it and justify it. We have an *opportunity* to reorganize
mailing lists if/when we move the mail servers, but we *can*
reorganize the lists any time we want, too.
> What is the need for glibc-stable?
Downstream maintainers who need to watch for bugfixes. I would hope
by now everyone would know this.
More information about the Libc-alpha
mailing list