[PATCH 047/123] Add `first_weekday 1` and `first_workday 2` to *_HK

Mike FABIAN mfabian@redhat.com
Mon Sep 14 09:21:00 GMT 2026


Gabriel Ravier <gabravier@gmail.com> さんはかきました:

> On 9/12/26 9:40 AM, Mike FABIAN wrote:
>> See: https://github.com/unicode-org/cldr/blob/main/common/supplemental/supplementalData.xml
>>
>> HK is in `<firstDay day="sun"` and not in `weekendEnd`.
>> ---
>>   localedata/locales/en_HK  | 2 ++
>>   localedata/locales/yue_HK | 2 ++
>>   localedata/locales/zh_HK  | 2 ++
>>   3 files changed, 6 insertions(+)
>>
>> diff --git a/localedata/locales/en_HK b/localedata/locales/en_HK
>> index 2ef17a4bf0..95b9cf38cf 100644
>> --- a/localedata/locales/en_HK
>> +++ b/localedata/locales/en_HK
>> @@ -134,6 +134,8 @@ t_fmt       "%I:%M:%S %p %Z"
>>   t_fmt_ampm  "%I:%M:%S %p %Z"
>>   %
>>   week 7;19971130;1
>> +first_weekday 1
>> +first_workday 2
>>   END LC_TIME
>>     diff --git a/localedata/locales/yue_HK
>> b/localedata/locales/yue_HK
>> index ad8059a84d..8a9032f1ea 100644
>> --- a/localedata/locales/yue_HK
>> +++ b/localedata/locales/yue_HK
>> @@ -113,6 +113,8 @@ t_fmt_ampm  "%p%I點%M分%S秒"
>>   date_fmt       "%Y年 %b %e日 %A %H:%M:%S %Z"
>>   %  FIXME: found in CLDR
>>   week 7;19971130;1
>> +first_weekday 1
>> +first_workday 2
>>   END LC_TIME
>>     diff --git a/localedata/locales/zh_HK b/localedata/locales/zh_HK
>> index eacc20ef07..a26b73bf29 100644
>> --- a/localedata/locales/zh_HK
>> +++ b/localedata/locales/zh_HK
>> @@ -139,6 +139,8 @@ t_fmt       "%p %I時%M分%S秒 %Z"
>>   % Update by Roger So <roger.so@sw-linux.com>
>>   t_fmt_ampm  "%p %I:%M:%S"
>>   week 7;19971130;1
>> +first_weekday 1
>> +first_workday 2
>>   END LC_TIME
>>     
>
>
> Is this intended to leave the FIXME ? This seems to add what it asks
> for, and patch 18 and 22 both remove it too.

You are right, I should remove the FIXME:

$ git show 34ddc46961852dfe5c52297fa03ea42ffb0d7a13
commit 34ddc46961852dfe5c52297fa03ea42ffb0d7a13
Author: Mike FABIAN <mfabian@redhat.com>
Date:   Wed Sep 9 10:11:27 2026 +0200

    Add `first_weekday 1` and `first_workday 2` to *_HK
    
    See: https://github.com/unicode-org/cldr/blob/main/common/supplemental/supplementalData.xml
    
    HK is in `<firstDay day="sun"` and not in `weekendEnd`.
    
    Remove `%  FIXME: found in CLDR`.
    
    Reviewed-by: Gabriel Ravier <gabravier@gmail.com>

diff --git a/localedata/locales/en_HK b/localedata/locales/en_HK
index 2ef17a4bf0..95b9cf38cf 100644
--- a/localedata/locales/en_HK
+++ b/localedata/locales/en_HK
@@ -134,6 +134,8 @@ t_fmt       "%I:%M:%S %p %Z"
 t_fmt_ampm  "%I:%M:%S %p %Z"
 %
 week 7;19971130;1
+first_weekday 1
+first_workday 2
 END LC_TIME
 
 
diff --git a/localedata/locales/yue_HK b/localedata/locales/yue_HK
index ad8059a84d..d34c9c762c 100644
--- a/localedata/locales/yue_HK
+++ b/localedata/locales/yue_HK
@@ -111,8 +111,9 @@ t_fmt_ampm  "%p%I點%M分%S秒"
 %
 % Appropriate date representation (date(1))
 date_fmt       "%Y年 %b %e日 %A %H:%M:%S %Z"
-%  FIXME: found in CLDR
 week 7;19971130;1
+first_weekday 1
+first_workday 2
 END LC_TIME
 
 
diff --git a/localedata/locales/zh_HK b/localedata/locales/zh_HK
index eacc20ef07..a26b73bf29 100644
--- a/localedata/locales/zh_HK
+++ b/localedata/locales/zh_HK
@@ -139,6 +139,8 @@ t_fmt       "%p %I時%M分%S秒 %Z"
 % Update by Roger So <roger.so@sw-linux.com>
 t_fmt_ampm  "%p %I:%M:%S"
 week 7;19971130;1
+first_weekday 1
+first_workday 2
 END LC_TIME
 
 

-- 
Mike FABIAN <mfabian@redhat.com>
He/Him/His
睡眠不足はいい仕事の敵だ。



More information about the Libc-alpha mailing list