Meeting Minutes - Office Hours for CTI - 2026-08-28

Carlos O'Donell carlos@redhat.com
Fri Sep 11 18:43:24 GMT 2026


On 9/4/26 11:17 AM, Zack Weinberg wrote:
> Please stop asking people to discuss this topic in synchronous meetings,
> or in any other venue but libc-alpha.
I'm responding here on a purposely narrow topic.

I appreciate your request, and I understand why you are asking, but I reject it.

I have rejected this request from you before in 2024.

https://inbox.sourceware.org/libc-alpha/514fd0a5-91b8-4341-84b9-4670b66d740d@redhat.com/
~~~
> I would conduct all further discussion on the matter *exclusively* on this mailing list.
> No more synchronous meetings of any kind.
...
I'm not going to mandate how other groups meet and engage...
~~~
(additional context provided at url)

Volunteers engage in different ways and they are welcome to come discuss
in any of the available venues e.g. IRC, email, BBB, conference etc. I will bring those
conversations back to the list for discussion and engage in a variety of ways that support them.

I will make myself as a project maintainer available across those venues
to support volunteers to glibc or the other GNU Toolchain projects.

I appreciate that Sourceware does the same.

I don't plan to change that.

Again, I'm answering very narrowly your repeated request not to talk about changing
glibc's infrastructure except by email on this list; I reject this request.

I'll follow up to a few other threads too.

-- 
Cheers,
Carlos.



More information about the Libc-alpha mailing list