[patch v3] manual: add syscall list

DJ Delorie dj@redhat.com
Wed May 22 19:40:27 GMT 2024

"Carlos O'Donell" <carlos@redhat.com> writes:
>> +# Generate a list of wrapped syscalls
>
> s/wrapped syscalls/syscall wrappers (non-cancellable)... /g

Fixed.

> s/Cancelled/... and cancellable syscall wrappers/g

Fixed.

>> +$(objpfx)syscalls.texi: $(objpfx)stamp-syscalls ;
>> +$(objpfx)stamp-syscalls: $(common-objpfx)config.make
>> +	cat `find ../sysdeps -name syscalls.list -print` \
>
> OK. This scans *all targets* and generates *all syscalls* regardless of if the
> configuration is used or unused. This makes the list architecture agnostic. We
> will need to say something about that later.
>
>> +documentation is considered authoritative.
>
> This needs extra information to say that this list covers all targets provided by glibc.

I changed the prelude to each list to be such:

  Here is the list of all potential non-cancellable system calls, across
  all configurations of @theglibc():

  Here's the corresponding list of cancellable system calls:

I think that covers both these requests.

> When posting v4 may you please post a PDF of the final results from `make pdf?`

I'll attach it in a separate email in case the mail filters are having a
bad day ;-)