What is our SLA for going from reserved CVE to published CVE?

Carlos O'Donell carlos@redhat.com
Thu May 16 11:16:49 GMT 2024

On 5/16/24 3:21 AM, Adhemerval Zanella Netto wrote:

> On 15/05/24 20:36, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:

>>> Just for clarity, reservation does not require any updates.
>>>
>>> I would have to *publish* the CVE IDs with *minimal* data to meet the CNA rules.
>>>
>>> This includes having a valid public link, which means I need to also commit minimal
>>> text to the advisories/ directory for the link to be valid.
>>>
>>> Are we agreeing to a minimal publishing regime followed by an update?
>>>

>> Yes.
>>
>> Sid
>>

> Agreed as well.

Done. That is the entire glibc security team in agreement, we'll publish minimal
updates for *public* CVEs to avoid the delay between reservation and publishing.
This allows downstream to be alerted to the issue early. This also means we have
consensus to push advisories/ files with those minimal updates and follow-up with
review of final patches with full text.

Carlos.