[PATCH v3 1/2] elf,nptl: Add -z lazy to some more tests

Arsen Arsenović arsen@gentoo.org
Tue Mar 7 11:53:25 GMT 2023


Florian Weimer <fweimer@redhat.com> writes:

> * Arsen Arsenović:
>
>> Some toolchains, such as that used on Gentoo Hardened, set -z now out of
>> the box.  This trips up a couple of tests.
>> ---
>> Hi,
>>
>> This is re-roll of the following patch series:
>> https://inbox.sourceware.org/libc-alpha/20230307003222.2810662-1-arsen@aarsen.me/
>> https://inbox.sourceware.org/libc-alpha/20230302112519.914641-1-arsen@gentoo.org/
>>
>> Changes from v2:
>> - Split off the +$(objpfx)resolvfail.out: $(objpfx)testobj1.so change
>>   into its own commit.
>>
>> Changes from v1:
>> - Dropped -z norelro.  This turned out to be unnecessary after
>>   Adhemervals removal of --with-default-link and linker script
>>   machinery:
>>   https://patchwork.sourceware.org/project/glibc/list/?series=17843
>>   See: https://inbox.sourceware.org/libc-alpha/86fsakz5mr.fsf@gentoo.org
>>   for an explanation of what caused the need for norelro.  That fix was
>>   misguided, due to a previous error on my part, too.
>>   I applied this patch on top of that patchset and it would appear to
>>   resolve all related failures.
>>   The above is not applied to Git yet, but should be before this patch
>>   is.
>>
>>  elf/Makefile | 19 +++++++++++++++++++
>>  1 file changed, 19 insertions(+)
>>  elf/Makefile | 19 +++++++++++++++++++
>>  1 file changed, 19 insertions(+)
>
> The patches look okay to me, but would you please resend them with
> Signed-off-by: (to mark this as a contribution under DCO)?  I had the
> FSF records checked, and they don't have a glibc copyright assignment
> from you, as far as we can tell.  Sorry for the hassle!

Yes, I never signed the copyright papers for the libc.

I intended to undergo that process, which is why I didn't add signoffs
initially (since they'd indicate that I don't intend to sign over
copyright when I do), so I figured I should wait for advice.

How should I proceed?

Thanks in advance.

PS: I noticed that I forgot to drop `,nptl' from the subject line.  The
NPTL bits of this patch are gone now.

>
> Thanks,
> Florian


-- 
Arsen Arsenović
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 381 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <https://sourceware.org/pipermail/libc-alpha/attachments/20230307/fe175e18/attachment.sig>


More information about the Libc-alpha mailing list