[PATCH] AArch64: Optimize strlen
Cupertino Miranda
cupertino.miranda@oracle.com
Thu Mar 2 14:29:24 GMT 2023
Wilco Dijkstra writes:
> Hi Cupertino,
>
>> I am attempting to reproduce the presented performance improvements on a
>> Ampere Altra processor.
>> Can you please detail some more what was your setup and how did you
>> measured it.
>
> I measured it on large strings (eg. 1024 bytes) on Neoverse V1. You can run
> benchtests/bench-strlen.c and look at results for larger strings. However Altra
> is half as wide as V1, so may not see much (or any) benefit.
Ok, will check.
> Also note by default
> it uses the multiarch/strlen_asimd.S version, not strlen.S.
Oh, did not know that. Thanks !
>
>> BTW, I am not looking to discredit the work, but rather to be able
>> to replicate the results on our end to evaluate backporting your patches.
>
> Yes it has been a while since we backported string improvements, so it's a good
> idea. Are you talking about the official GLIBC release branches or a private branch?
I am refering to a private branch.
>
> Cheers,
> Wilco
Thanks,
Cupertino
More information about the Libc-alpha
mailing list