[PATCH v6] MIPS: Sync elf.h from binutils

Adhemerval Zanella Netto adhemerval.zanella@linaro.org
Mon Jul 24 18:04:01 GMT 2023



On 24/07/23 08:39, Florian Weimer via Libc-alpha wrote:
> * Aurelien Jarno:
> 
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 2023-07-22 13:02, Andreas K. Huettel via Libc-alpha wrote:
>>> Am Samstag, 22. Juli 2023, 11:37:41 CEST schrieb Mark Wielaard:
>>>> Hi,
>>>>
>>>> On Tue, Jul 18, 2023 at 10:17:09AM +0800, Ying Huang wrote:
>>>>> ping
>>>>>
>>>>> Because I did not have commit permissions,  could you help commit?
>>>>
>>>> I am happy to commit this for you. But even though it is a constants
>>>> only patch at this point it should probably get an OK from Andreas,
>>>> the release manager.
>>>
>>> OK from me, looks well-separated enough.
>>> Last feature add-on of the month. :o)
>>>
>>
>> Unfortunately this commit breaks building glibc on at list
>> mips64el-linux-gnuabi64, unless --disable-werror is used, due to
>> preprocessor redefinitions:
> 
> I was wondering if this is caught by build-many-glibcs.py, and it
> actually is, on all MIPS targets.

It was triggered with a simple mips build for any triple, most likely
submitter used --disable-werror and did not check the warnings.

Maybe we need to enforce --disable-werror for now on, I have checked
the build with different gcc version and besides a couple of failure
it does seems fine for most architectures.

> 
> We do not have a requirement to run build-many-glibcs.py (our
> cross-building script); I merely wanted to check if there is a gap in
> the tool that needs to be addressed.
> 
> Thanks,
> Florian
> 


More information about the Libc-alpha mailing list