Update on the glibc segfault issue on Alpha

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de
Thu Jan 5 11:25:02 GMT 2023

Hi Adhemveral!

On 1/4/23 13:00, Adhemerval Zanella Netto wrote:
>> I can confirm that this patch fixes the problem for me. I have uploaded a manually built glibc
>> package with the patch applied to Debian »unreleased« so that the buildds can resume building
>> packages again.
>>
>> Would it be possible to backport this patch to 2.36 once it has been merged with the current
>> development tree? The reason is that I don't think that Debian is going to switch to anything
>> beyond 2.36 anytime soon due to the upcoming feature freeze in January.
>
> I have sent a more detailed patch [1] and I will probably backport to all affected releases
> once it is accepted.

Great, thanks a lot! This means, the fix will eventually be available in Debian and we won't have
to carry the patch for a long time.

Adrian

--
  .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz