"make check" on git master fails with 175 FAIL and leaves processes behind on Debian/unstable

Florian Weimer fweimer@redhat.com
Wed Feb 22 16:58:57 GMT 2023

* Vincent Lefevre:

> On 2023-02-22 10:10:31 -0500, Carlos O'Donell via Libc-alpha wrote:
>> On 2/22/23 09:56, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
>> > I did
>> >
>> >     mkdir glibc-build
>> >     cd glibc-build
>> >     ../glibc/configure --prefix=$HOME/opt/glibc
>>
>> Please review:
>> https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Testing/Builds#Testing_a_glibc_build
>>
>> If you use a unique --prefix, that is an ABI change, and it will require
>> you to have everything required under that path as-if it was a sysroot.
>
> I'll test it again with --prefix=/usr, but IMHO, the INSTALL file
> should clarify this point. I assumed that --prefix=/usr was
> recommended for the case where the GNU C Library would be installed
> as a replacement, not just for testing a new glibc. Moreover,
> I would have thought that --prefix would not have any influence
> for "make check" (as --prefix is related to the installation,
> while "make check" occurs before installation).

We have tests for unwinding facilities, and those need libgcc_s.  (Some
of the C++ tests need libstdc++ as well.)  If the required shared
objects are not available under the --prefix= directory (or copied
manually into the glibc build directories), these tests will fail.

Thanks,
Florian