posix/glob.c: update from gnulib

Paul Eggert eggert@cs.ucla.edu
Wed Mar 30 23:40:27 GMT 2022

On 3/30/22 14:55, DJ Delorie via Libc-alpha wrote:

> Copied from gnulib/lib/glob.c in order to fix rhbz 1982608
>
> Used config.h instead of libc-config.h

I don't see why this change is needed. This code is inside "#ifndef
_LIBC" so this change should have no effect for glibc. And the change is
harmful for Gnulib, since for this file Gnulib relies on including
libc-config.h instead of plain config.h.

> The #ifdef around #define dirfd() was changed to #undef due to
> conflicts between glibc's internal and external definitions of
> dirfd().  This has been reported to gnulib.

I updated Gnulib to reflect this change; see first attached patch. That
being said, I don't fully understand it. Wouldn't it be more efficient
for glibc glob to use glibc's internal dirfd by whatever name you prefer?

Anyway, the only difference between what you proposed for glibc and
current Gnulib glob is the second attached patch; could you please merge
that into your proposal? That way, the two glob.c files can be
identical, which is a good thing.

Thanks for following up on this.