[OpenRISC] [PATCH v5 00/13] Glibc OpenRISC port
Adhemerval Zanella
adhemerval.zanella@linaro.org
Tue Jan 25 17:07:32 GMT 2022
On 24/01/2022 22:19, Stafford Horne wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 24, 2022 at 10:54:58AM -0300, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:
>>
>>
>> On 24/01/2022 10:23, Florian Weimer via Libc-alpha wrote:
>>> * Stafford Horne:
>>>
>>>> This is the OpenRISC port for glibc that I have been working on.
>>>
>>> The port does not define PI_STATIC_AND_HIDDEN. Is this really
>>> necessary, or just an oversight due to the way the port was constructed
>>> (presumably with MIPS as the template)?
>>>
>>> PI_STATIC_AND_HIDDEN means that references to static functions and data
>>> and symbols with hidden visibility do not need any run-time relocations
>>> after the final link, with the build flags used by glibc.
>>
>> At least the loader with a simple hello world does not fail with qemu with
>> PI_STATIC_AND_HIDDEN set.
>>
>> Staffork, could you confirm it is ok to make or1k use PI_STATIC_AND_HIDDEN?
>
> Yes, this was just an oversight and it didn't show up during testing. I think
> this is OK as described or1k does not need runtime relocations for hidden
> symbols after the final link.
>
> Shall I make the patch to add configure.ac? Or do you have that ready to go
> already?
I would tested briefly with qemu-system, I will send a patch so you can
review.
More information about the Libc-alpha
mailing list