Adding V-ext regs to signal context w/o expanding kernel struct sigcontext to avoid glibc ABI break

Vineet Gupta vineetg@rivosinc.com
Thu Dec 22 23:58:42 GMT 2022

On 12/22/22 15:47, Conor Dooley wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 23, 2022 at 02:33:26AM +0800, Andy Chiu wrote:
>
>> I wrote a PoC patch for this and it has been pushed into the following git tree:
>> https://github.com/sifive/riscv-linux/tree/dev/andyc/for-next-v13
>> I tested it on a rv32 QEMU virt machine and the user space can get/set
>> Vector registers normally. I haven't tested it on rv64 yet but it
>> should be no difference. The patch is not the final version and maybe
>> I missed some basic ideas.
>> But if everyone agrees with this approach
>> then I would like to start formalizing and submit the series.
> Between yourself and the Rivos folk, you should probably sort out who is
> doing what with the series at the very least, so that you're not both
> working on "competing" v13s...

No we are not competing ;-)
I'm mostly facilitating since this got stuck in a stalemate and original
contributors had gone radio silent for a while.

-Vineet