Hook for `_exit'

Po Lu luangruo@yahoo.com
Fri Aug 5 08:59:08 GMT 2022

Florian Weimer <fweimer@redhat.com> writes:

> What about GTK 4?  It looks like GTK 4 uses the same code.
>
> You should ask them to switch to exit in GTK 4, and maybe that change
> can be backported, maintenance mode or not.

We found out in the course of development that GTK 4 is an abysmal
sucessor to GTK 3: it has many bugs in its drag-and-drop and clipboard
code (which was rewritten from scratch for no apparent reason), and
doesn't support subpixel anti-aliasing.  So it's not really practical
for most programs, especially text editors.