Monday Patch Queue Review update (2021-10-18)
Mon Oct 18 15:03:37 GMT 2021
Most recent meeting status is always here:
Meeting: 2021-10-18 @ 0900h EST (UTC-5)
IRC: #glibc on OFTC.
Review new patches and restart review at the top.
* 339 NEW/NOBODY patches in queue.
* [v2] elf: Support DT_RELR relative relocation format [BZ #27924]
* Need official gABI assignment (Carry Coutant status?)
* Needs to be reserved verbally by Carry (Action item)
* Required for patch acceptance.
* Need BFD port or a released llvm/lld that supports DT_RELR to review patches.
* Minimally a 32-bit and 64-bit port that can build glibc and passes regression testing.
* Required for patch review.
* Official glibc relese with feature?
* Need BFD port to support build-many-glibcs to provide testing confidence.
* HJ: Would like to see a BFD port before a glibc release with the features.
* Sufficient to have a released binutils with DT_RELR also.
* Release date of released static linkers with support should be close to glibc release with feature.
* When glibc is released users can pick a static linker to test with (binutils or lld).
* 317 NEW/NOBODY patches in queue.
* Add and use link-test-modules-rpath-link [BZ #28455]
* elf: Also try DT_RUNPATH for internal dlopen [BZ #28455]
* Needed for change in linker default.
* elf: Make global.out depend on reldepmod4.so [BZ #28457]
* Existing defect.
* 46290: elf: Fix elf_get_dynamic_info() for bootstrap
* Needs review.
* 45506: [v2] ld.so: Initialize bootstrap_map.l_ld_readonly [BZ #28340]
* Needs review to fix valgrind issue with ppc64le.
* _FORTIFY_SOURCE=3 improvements
* Siddhesh looking for review.
* Series 3601: Improve hypot()
* Changes requested by Paul Zimmerman.
More information about the Libc-alpha