Patch review status for 64-bit time_t patches.

Carlos O'Donell carlos@redhat.com
Mon May 31 21:09:40 GMT 2021

On 5/27/21 5:46 PM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> Adhemerval, Lukasz,
>
> I'm at ~6/25 patches reviewed. I started not by reviewing but by building additional
> glibc packages for Fedora Rawhide and then testing in Rawhide.
>
> Testing looks good in Fedora Rawhide on top of Florian's recent merge in of the
> most recent development changes.
>
> I'll continue reviewing these as discussed in order to ensure we can merge them
> in a timely fashion.

Just a quick status update.

I'm at ~18/25 patches reviewed.

I had a somewhat long discussion with Adhemerval on IRC about the new dual-time
ABI and the dropping of the __glibc_reserved* entries form the public ABI. This
is OK for the new ABI, but we must be careful we don't ever define __USE_TIME_BITS64
for any existing 64-bit time_t ABIs since it would be an ABI regression.

I'm out of time today, but I'll come back tomorrow to try finish the reviews.

Carlos.