tests failing on x86_64-linux (due to test-container?)

Martin Sebor msebor@gmail.com
Thu May 13 21:29:58 GMT 2021

On 4/28/21 5:54 PM, DJ Delorie wrote:
> Martin Sebor <msebor@gmail.com> writes:
>>> (which should be bind-mounted inside your test chroot, which would be
>>> /build/glibc/testroot.root/build/glibc/nss/tst-nss-test3)
>>
>> /build/glibc/testroot.root/build/glibc/ is empty.
>
> Only because you're not inside the container, where the mount exists.
> Containers are weird ;-)
>
>> error: test-container.c:235: can't mount /ssd/src/glibc onto
>> /build/glibc/testroot.root/ssd/src/glibc
>
> Sigh, you have "too many permissions" :-P  Again, containers are weird.
>
> You may be able to run test-container manually, but test-container
> itself is built against the just-built glibc
>
>>> Also, selinux might be interfering.
>>
>> That doesn't sound encouraging.  Anything I should look at/for?
>
> Dunno, I typically disable selinux.

I haven't been able to make that work yet but I also haven't tried
too hard.  I'll keep at it.

> Just for paranoia's sake... does all this work on a newer Fedora?

Yes.  I just installed F33 on my laptop and it works fine there.
I haven't changed my main workstation though.  It was a pain to
set up.

Martin