Seeking input from developers: glibc copyright assignment policy.

Eli Zaretskii eliz@gnu.org
Fri Jun 25 06:30:39 GMT 2021

> Cc: libc-alpha@sourceware.org
> From: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh@gotplt.org>
> Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2021 07:53:49 +0530
>
> The assignment process does not *need* an employer's involvement so I'm
> not convinced that a developer being dismissive or purposefully
> dishonest won't do so in case of an assignment.

Oh, and talking about dishonest contributors is not useful.  I'm
talking about the honest ones.  If someone wants to lie about the
legal status of the code, and they succeed in answering all the
questions the FSF copyright clerk asks them, there's nothing you could
do about it, no matter what kind of legal document you request.  But
that doesn't mean legal documents are useless, because most
contributors are honest.