aarch64 lacks HP_TIMING support in glibc

Andrew Pinski pinskia@gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 18:38:48 GMT 2021

On Tue, Jun 22, 2021 at 11:30 AM Rafael Eduardo Ruviaro Christ via
Libc-alpha <libc-alpha@sourceware.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I noticed that aarch64 lacks HP_TIMING support in glibc. Although this architecture has generic timers, glibc is still using the generic hp-timing.h for aarch64.
> I see HP_TIMING support for other architectures. I'd like to know why there is no HP_TIMING support for aarch64?
> Also, if there's planning to support it for aarch64?

See https://sourceware.org/legacy-ml/libc-alpha/2015-06/msg00736.html
and the previous emails in the thread.

Thanks,
Andrew Pinski

> Thank you,
> Kind regards,
> Rafael
> -- The information ....

This disclaimer is useless for public lists, remove it.