Seeking input from developers: glibc copyright assignment policy.

Matt Turner mattst88@gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 20:22:59 GMT 2021

On Mon, Jun 14, 2021 at 1:06 PM Florian Weimer via Libc-alpha
<libc-alpha@sourceware.org> wrote:
> Given that we already have hundreds of commits with Signed-off-by:, and
> glibc has accepted contributions written for glibc under different,
> LGLPv2-compatible licenses without copyright assignment in the past,
> this is a welcome clarification.

FWIW, this is why I asked and convinced some Mesa developers to stop
appending S-o-b tags to their commits: without an assigned meaning,
all it does is complicate matters when a project does adopt a DCO and
indicates its acceptance through S-o-b tags.