Fastest String Search Algorithm.

Paul Zimmermann Paul.Zimmermann@inria.fr
Fri Jun 11 13:57:00 GMT 2021

       Dear Amit,

> The worst case scenario almost never occurs in real world situations. The
> worst case scenario is almost always on paper.

we can not know in advance what applications the GNU libc will be used for.
This is very different from the case where you are the only user of your
program, and you know for which inputs you will use it.

You were told how you could convince that your algorithm is better:

(1) provide a GNU libc patch with new benchmarks (if you think the current
    ones are not sufficient)
(2) then provide a GNU libc patch using your algorithm, and demonstrate
    on the existing and new benchmarks that it is better than the current code

Otherwise, all that discussion is a waste of time both for you and
the GNU libc developers.

Best regards,
Paul Zimmermann