Fastest String Search Algorithm.

Amit Choudhary amitchoudhary0523@gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 15:21:22 GMT 2021

> It's possible you have an old GLIBC - I remember a strstr bug years ago
> where
> it failed to match very large patterns.

I am using gcc on linux. I will check the version tomorrow.

Anyway, the generic strstr in a recent GLIBC is over 1000 times faster on
> this test.

So, does this mean that gcc may not be having latest GLIBC.

Modern string
> algorithms are fast due to not inspecting every single character. They
> skip most of
> the input by jumping ahead by the size of the pattern after a mismatch. So
> perhaps counterintuitively, they become much faster with a larger search
> pattern.

Can you please let me know what are modern string algorithms and where can
I find them so that I can compare my algorithm with them.

Regards,
Amit