time64 functions for glibc

Elmar Stellnberger estellnb@elstel.org
Tue Jun 1 16:32:55 GMT 2021

Yes, I think a 64bit default for time_t shall at least become the way of choice some time before 2038. AFAIK OpenBSD already has a 64bit time_t in kernel and libc. I don't know of a program that did not compile or that was put out of function because of it though it may not extend to the majority of sw in ports. I will have to test and install BSD to see whether it is like this. BSD has its own libc and libssl. Libraries like openssl will likely require some adaption for the switch. For the transition period where time is 32bit in Linux based openssl I can f.i. convert from 64bit time to struct tm and then to openssl datetime.