clock(3) in error

Michael J. Baars mjbaars1977.libc.alpha@gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 11:34:55 GMT 2021

Hi,

I've been using the clock() function for years now. Until recently I thought the timing mechanism worked perfectly, then I tried to let the actual time run next
to it. As it appears, the clock() function isn't working as perfectly as I thought.

As a consequence, my internet connection from T-Mobile, which I don't have anymore, so I can't show you the actual speed with the clock() corrected, wasn't
running at 100mbit/s but a lot slower. The same holds for all other T-Mobile customers in Holland. I hope that someone is willing to have a look at the glibc
clock() function and repair it. A lot of people would benefit from that.

Attached: the benchmark of the 100mbit internet connection, the corrected clock() function and an application that shows the malfunction.

Best regards,
Mischa Baars.