Failures building glibc with mainline GCC

Martin Sebor msebor@gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 20:20:05 GMT 2021

On 7/30/21 2:52 PM, Joseph Myers wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Jul 2021, Aldy Hernandez via Gcc wrote:
>
>> There's a new jump threader in GCC which is much more aggressive, and
>> may trigger latent problems with other warning passes, especially
>> -Warray-bounds, -Woverflow, and -Wuninitialized.
>>
>> Do your problems go away if you take out commit 2e96b5f14e?
>
> Reverting that commit fixes all the glibc build failures except for
> x86_64-linux-gnu, i686-gnu and powerpc64le-linux-gnu.

I just built Glibc for x86_64-linux-gnu with the top of trunk and
got no unexpected warnings.  Can you please share the translation
units for the files with the warnings?  (Or just open GCC bugs for
them if you believe they're false positives.)

Thanks
Martin