RISC-V 64bit and 32bit binaries on the same system

Joseph Myers joseph@codesourcery.com
Mon Sep 7 16:56:15 GMT 2020

On Mon, 7 Sep 2020, Andreas K. Hüttel via Libc-alpha wrote:

> gcc and glibc build and install fine. However, there's a fundamental problem
> with this configuration. ld.so does not filter by ELFCLASS (as it does, e.g.,
> for x64-64 vs i686), and the order of directories in the dynamic linker config
> determines e.g. which libstdc++ a binary sees first. [#]

Whenever I asked about such configurations, the answer was always that the
Linux kernel port did not support running RV32I processes on RV64I
processors, although the architecture definition supported it as an
optional feature.  I don't know if that Linux kernel support has since
been implemented.

<https://sourceware.org/legacy-ml/libc-alpha/2018-01/msg00008.html> is
where I described what you need to do in glibc to support that kind of
configuration for an architecture.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com