Query and behavior confirmation for pthread_barrier_destroy(3)

Florian Weimer fweimer@redhat.com
Mon Sep 7 05:36:10 GMT 2020

* Rich Felker:

>> The intent with the current glibc implementation is that the
>> synchronization can be achieved using the same barrier (if no thread
>> blocks again on the barrier after the current round of waiting).  That
>> is, in your test, thread 2 would have to wait on the barrier as well,
>> unblocking both tests, and then destroy the barrier.
>
> I don't understand what you're saying here. Do you mean that glibc
> conforms but that you deem this not a conformance requirement, just an
> implementation-specific property?

Yes, that's what I meant.  I don't think POSIX formally requires this.

Thanks,
Florian
--
Red Hat GmbH, https://de.redhat.com/ , Registered seat: Grasbrunn,
Managing Directors: Charles Cachera, Brian Klemm, Laurie Krebs, Michael O'Neill