[PATCH v2 1/2] system_data_types.7: Add 'void *'

Alejandro Colomar colomar.6.4.3@gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 08:48:58 GMT 2020


Hi Michael,

On 2020-10-02 10:24, Alejandro Colomar wrote:
> On 2020-10-01 19:32, Paul Eggert wrote:
>  > For 'void *' you should also mention that one cannot use arithmetic on
>  > void * pointers, so they're special in that way too.
> 
> Good suggestion!
> 
>  > Also, you should
>  > warn that because one can convert from any pointer type to void * and
>  > then to any other pointer type, it's a deliberate hole in C's
>  > type-checking.
> 
> Also good.  I'll talk about generic function parameters for this.
I think the patch as is now is complete enough to be added.

So I won't rewrite it for now.
Please review the patch as is,
and I'll add more info to this type in the future.

Thanks,

Alex


More information about the Libc-alpha mailing list