[PATCH 13/16] system_data_types.7: Add 'intptr_t'
Michael Kerrisk (man-pages)
mtk.manpages@gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 11:35:03 GMT 2020
Hi Alex,
On 10/1/20 12:15 PM, Alejandro Colomar wrote:
> Signed-off-by: Alejandro Colomar <colomar.6.4.3@gmail.com>
> ---
> man7/system_data_types.7 | 65 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> 1 file changed, 65 insertions(+)
Thanks. Patch applied.
Cheers,
Michael
> diff --git a/man7/system_data_types.7 b/man7/system_data_types.7
> index f768e87ba..2632436ed 100644
> --- a/man7/system_data_types.7
> +++ b/man7/system_data_types.7
> @@ -616,6 +616,71 @@ and
> .I unsigned __int128
> types in this page.
> .RE
> +.\"------------------------------------- intptr_t ---------------------/
> +.TP
> +.I intptr_t
> +.RS
> +Include:
> +.IR <stdint.h> .
> +Alternatively,
> +.IR <inttypes.h> .
> +.PP
> +A signed integer type
> +such that any valid
> +.RI ( "void *" )
> +value can be converted to this type and back.
> +According to the C language standard, it shall be
> +capable of storing values in the range
> +.RB [ INTPTR_MIN ,
> +.BR INTPTR_MAX ].
> +.PP
> +The length modifier for
> +.I intptr_t
> +for the
> +.BR printf (3)
> +family of functions
> +is expanded by the macros
> +.B PRIdPTR
> +and
> +.B PRIiPTR
> +(defined in
> +.IR <inttypes.h> );
> +resulting commonly in
> +.B %"PRIdPTR"
> +or
> +.B %"PRIiPTR"
> +for printing
> +.I intptr_t
> +values.
> +The length modifier for
> +.I intptr_t
> +for the
> +.BR scanf (3)
> +family of functions
> +is expanded by the macros
> +.B SCNdPTR
> +and
> +.B SCNiPTR,
> +(defined in
> +.IR <inttypes.h> );
> +resulting commonly in
> +.B %"SCNdPTR"
> +or
> +.B %"SCNiPTR"
> +for scanning
> +.I intptr_t
> +values.
> +.PP
> +Conforming to:
> +C99 and later; POSIX.1-2001 and later.
> +.PP
> +See also the
> +.I uintptr_t
> +and
> +.I void *
> +.\" TODO: Document void *
> +types in this page.
> +.RE
> .\"------------------------------------- lconv ------------------------/
> .TP
> .I lconv
>
--
Michael Kerrisk
Linux man-pages maintainer; http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/
Linux/UNIX System Programming Training: http://man7.org/training/
More information about the Libc-alpha
mailing list