[RFC] Archive old patches on patchwork?

Joseph Myers joseph@codesourcery.com
Mon Nov 23 22:35:35 GMT 2020

On Thu, 19 Nov 2020, DJ Delorie via Libc-alpha wrote:

> Carlos and I had discussed this in the past... It's the kind of thing
> that can (should) be automated via some sort of bot - does the patch set
> apply cleanly to master?  Does master still build?  Does the patch meet
> our coding standards?  Some of these boiler-plate tests should be
> automated and the patchwork data updated accordingly.

For "Does the patch meet our coding standards?", if we allow general
reformatting / other coding standards fixes for code that originated
outside glibc but is now maintained in glibc and not updated from an
upstream version (all the code that came from BSD sources or Sun fdlibm,
for example), that may simplify such checks because we could have checks
for particular features of the coding standards on the whole source tree
(including running such checks as part of the testsuite), with as few
exceptions as possible.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com