[RFC] Archive old patches on patchwork?

Siddhesh Poyarekar siddhesh@gotplt.org
Thu Nov 19 12:43:05 GMT 2020

Hi,

Since there is little chance that anyone is going to walk through the
patchwork state and review very old patches, can we archive patches from
2019 and earlier on patchwork?  That will clean up the slate somewhat
and make patchwork a bit more usable.

I ran a script today to close off patches that have the exact same diff
in git, so the list is smaller by about ~800, but there's still ~6k more
to go and most of those will never see the light of day.

The end goal for me is to get the patchwork instance to a point that it
is actually reasonable to have more automation to close off applied
patches and maybe even close off patches that don't apply anymore.  That
means that we will be trying to emulate what gitlab does and maybe at
that point we need to ask ourselves if we're better off putting in a
gitlab instance instead :)

Siddhesh